Old 15-08-2008, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Prickly Pear Cactus

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

I TOLD you to plant the BASE in a pot babe. ;-) Flat planting is more
iffy in my direct experience.

And my CSA told me to lie them on the ground, apparently, at that point
I forgot your advice. If struggling to survive makes for a healthyier
plant, then the food from this CSA must be incredibly healthy.

I'm on my way, thanks ;O)

grins Good luck with the pad babe.

The offer for more is still open. I stole those from a HUGE plant that
was over 6' tall, growing over a fence on to a public sidewalk.

Like watermelons, the stolen ones are always the sweetest;O))
The last of the nopales (the largest) rooted itself (whew, what a
relief). It was way cool to watch the nopale bud. At first I
thought that it was a weed growing on the cactus. Today it is
obviously a new nopale growing from the first :O)

Thanks to you and Jangchub for gettin' me going.

Jangchub had some spineless ones too? :-)

Cool!

Yeah, it's always neat to see new buds form on cactus.

Wait 'till it blooms...
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)