Old 15-08-2008, 01:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tony newton tony newton is offline

Default Bindweed and creeping buttercup

Colin's suggestion seems to be the most successful going by a googled
search last year. Wish I'd gone with it then. Digging and constantly
pulling up only encourages it to try harder I think Plus there's
almost certainly a large undergound reserve of it where you can't get
at eg neighbours, under lawn.

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:08:27 +0100, "Colin Jackson"
cojack6ATbtinternetDOTcom wrote:

Re bindweed.

I have success in flowerbeds by teasing the bindweed into a clump away from
a plant,
dropping over a large plastic bottle (with top & bottom cut off)
and spray with glyphosphate

Regards

Colin

"wind'n'stone" wrote in message

New house, new garden, new problems.

Lovely herbaceous border, lots of nice plants etc.

Full of bindweed, creeping buttercup and a tall weed with white 'lacy'
flowers?

I rewally don't have space to lift the plants and deal with an 'empty'
flowerbed. Am pulling as much as I can find by hand and planted in some
canes for the stuff to wrap itself round.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

--
wind'n'stone