Old 15-08-2008, 12:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default Starting a big siphon

Over the past few years I have collected a nice collection of mulm and kitty
litter on the bottom of my pond. I have since learned that if you don't
plant the lilies all the way to the top of the pot, the Koi can't
redistribute the kitty litter all over. Anyway, I want to remove it and
think a siphon using a large 1 1/2" tube would work without clogging too
much. The problem is, and no joking here - you know who you are, that I
can't suck hard enough to get it started.

Any of you mechanical minds have a way I can somehow prime it with a pump?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.