Old 15-08-2008, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes

In article ,
Gordon H writes:

| There is a smallish tree in the park just beyond my garden fence which
| bears a damson-like fruit some years. It's a darn nuisance because
| it drops them on my garden, and because small boys climb the tree and
| throw them at my house if they spot them
|
| I did try eating one, but it didn't taste like a plum, and the windfalls
| were all bruised.

What did they taste like? And what is the stone like?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

It was some time since I tried a bite, but they have the slimmer oval
shape of damsons, and are smaller than most plums, deep purple in
colour. I will see if I can find one, but haven't noticed them this
year, sorry.
--
Gordon H