Old 15-08-2008, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

On 15/8/08 10:48, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Gordon H writes:

| It was some time since I tried a bite, but they have the slimmer oval
| shape of damsons, and are smaller than most plums, deep purple in
| colour. I will see if I can find one, but haven't noticed them this
| year, sorry.

Some damsons are round! Except for the damson/bullace, I don't know
of any plums with deep purple fruit that is 2 cm in diameter or more.
Unless there is a form of P. cerasifera that my books don't mention.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I found this re damsons. To me plums aren't as deep a colour as this:
http://tinyurl.com/5flbcm
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com