Old 15-08-2008, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Amethyst Deceiver Amethyst Deceiver is offline

Default Invasive raspberries

In article , says...

"Amethyst Deceiver" wrote
My raspberry canes are in the border of the garden and are starting to
send suckers out into the very small "lawn". I've got a similar problem
with blackberries. I'm happy to zap the brambles with weed-killer, but
if I do the same with the raspberries is this going to affect the main
canes? What's the best way to deal with the volunteers if not
glyphosate?

If you use that weedkiller you will kill the roots and as they are all

That's what I thought.

connected you will lose the lot. Dig up the ones you don't want and bury a
barrier along the row to stop them invading again.

They're in the lawn, so digging is less of an option. The buried barrier
is, though. How deep would it need to go?