Old 15-08-2008, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Amethyst Deceiver Amethyst Deceiver is offline

Default Invasive raspberries

In article ,
says...

In article ,
Amethyst Deceiver writes:

| My raspberry canes are in the border of the garden and are starting to
| send suckers out into the very small "lawn". I've got a similar problem
| with blackberries. I'm happy to zap the brambles with weed-killer, but
| if I do the same with the raspberries is this going to affect the main
| canes? What's the best way to deal with the volunteers if not
| glyphosate?

Why not just mow them? The individual canes won't get big enough to be
a problem in between lawn mowings.

Ahahaha. Well, if it would stay dry long enough for OldBloke to get out
and do some mowing, that would be an option, I reckon. In the meantime,
it's pointy bits on bare feet!