Old 15-08-2008, 06:29 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Sheila[_3_] Sheila[_3_] is offline

Default Clearing algae and silt loaded water

~ jan wrote:
Sheila wrote:
Last year I emptied it and scrubbed it down. This year it was even worse
with leaves and debris on the bottom. The problem is since it is vinyl
lined with folds in the bottom, it is very hard to get the muck cleaned
out. Also we don't have a drain so I have to siphon the water out, so I
can't use water pressure to clean in the folds.

Hi Sheila, have you tried a shop vac after you've gotten it empty? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Jan,

I drained it a couple days ago and am waiting for it to completely dry
and that is what I was going to try next. It rained that night a couple
inches and we had company all day today, so I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sheila