Old 15-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Plantaganet Plantaganet is offline
Registered User

Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom.
Default Phalaenopsis in glass cylinder.

Hi all,

I have today bought two Phalaenopsis from a garden centre on 'end of season' offer, both plants were in tall, clear glass cylinder type pots. I have since cleaned both plants up, refreshing the orchid compost adding a little chopped live sphagnum moss. I have always been under the impression that orchid leaves should always be allowed to grow free and not touch glass etc. for fear of condensation damage. Therefore, do I return my new orchids to their cylinders or not? Advice please!

TIA,
Plantaganet