Old 15-08-2008, 06:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Californian Lilac cutting - HELP!

On 8/14/2008 4:07 PM, ukgardener wrote:
Good evening,

My mother has a californian lilac which is well established and I'd
like to take a cutting to grow in my own garden. Does anybody have any
advice specifically for this plant, or for cutting and planting in
general?

Many thanks in advance

If you succeed in getting roots, the hard part is not necessarily over.
Ceanothus requires excellent drainage with only minimal watering. It's
native of an environment that sees rain only in the winter, never or
rarely in the summer. While it is hardy in light, night-time frosts, it
cannot survive freezing soil. Once you have met all these requirements,
it lives for only about 10 years.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean