Old 16-08-2008, 03:44 AM posted to austin.gardening
Coffee's For Closers Coffee's For Closers is offline

Default Winter Crop

In article ,
says...
Can you please recommend a crop to grow this summer for a winter in
containers?

I have grown spinach, lettuce, and broccoli in containers over
winter in containers. Your climate is probably warmer than mine,
so that shouldn't be a problem at all.

I have used 10-litre/2.5-gallon containers. I suggest two
spinach or lettuce plants, or one broccoli plant, per container.

Onions also work in the winter. And you can jam them in, and eat
while small.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/