Old 16-08-2008, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default plant I.d.Please!

In article ,
says...

In message , Sheila
writes

"Sheila" wrote in message
.com...
Have had this for ages, cant remember how I acquired it, I always called
it Chinese honeysuckle, but have been put right on that! Its not a very
fast grower. That's all I can say about it! it doesn't flower, I'm
having
to tie it to the arch, but it is quite pretty.

Doh, would be helpful If I had provided the
link.....
http://gs74.photobucket.com/groups/i275/6P0GIZZFL6/

It's generally helpful to provide photographs of flowers, as well as
foliage. However in this case it looks like Lonicera japonica
'Aureoreticulata' (golden net-veined Japanese Honeysuckle).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks for that, so I was right! (btw, I did say in my original post it
doesn't flower!)

They will occassionally flower but the flowers are very small and you are
more likely to smell them rather than see them, you are fortunate to be
able to grow it well as here it becomes an unsightly mess with mildewed
leaves
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk