Old 16-08-2008, 08:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Sheila[_3_] Sheila[_3_] is offline

Default Pond Liner

Pete C wrote:
Sheila wrote:
Yesterday we were talking to a guy who builds ponds and he said that a
vinyl liner will crack in several years and a rubber liner is the way
to go. We were talking to him about how to redo our pond. Is vinyl,
which we have not going to hold up for many years?

Sheila

Vinyl will last 4/5 years if your lucky. Depends very much on how much
exposed material is in the sun. Butyl is the way to go, usually guranteed
for at least 20 years.

Is Buytl a time of rubber? I've not heard of it before.

Sheila