Old 16-08-2008, 08:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chip chip is offline

Default Clearing algae and silt loaded water

Galen Hekhuis wrote:
Often people ask, what can we do as individuals? Not having
lawns is a pretty good start.

How about a 20' X 20' patch for the dog to wheedle on? When I do cut
it, it is with an elecric mower.

BTW, most of the ground cover in the AZ desert is now rock. Some damn
people from back East (read: Chicago and the Midwest)still insist on
trying to grow grass in the middle of a desert. Phooey! Some brave
neighbors even sowed desert wildflowers in their dirt front yard. Looks
great for about 2wks a year, but kinda weedy the rest of the time. But
the HOA hasn't stopped them.

Chip