Old 16-08-2008, 10:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond Liner

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:50:18 EDT, Sheila wrote:

Yesterday we were talking to a guy who builds ponds and he said that a
vinyl liner will crack in several years and a rubber liner is the way to
go. We were talking to him about how to redo our pond. Is vinyl, which
we have not going to hold up for many years?

Sheila

Vinyl tends to crack over time. Where EPDM (rubber) has more flex. Usually
they give the life span guarantee of EPDM as 20 years, but if not moved and
always covered with water I bet it last a lot longer.

Anyone have an EPDM pond going longer than 20 years? If so, how long?
Mine are 13. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us