Old 17-08-2008, 03:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
D Kat D Kat is offline

Default Clearing algae and silt loaded water

Absolutely agree except we don't water or put chemicals on our lawn (well DH
puts anti crabgrass on it but that isn't really a harmful chemical). Still
every year I manage to get inch by inch put into shrubs, trees, flowers,
etc.
Donna

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:50:14 EDT, "D Kat"
wrote:

The tadpoles were fished out and put in a neighbor real pond that is a
couple acres in area.

We get a lot of dust when we mow the lawn, and it hasn't been cleaned
for
2 years. I broke my arm last summer and was not able to cope with
cleaning it.

Sheila

Wow, where do you live and how short do you cut your lawn? Of course DH
wears a lawn mask when he mows and be the end of the season I throw it out
(he would just continue wearing it in its blackened state). Still I have
hard time imagining that kind of dust being kicked up from mowing a lawn
and
I grew up in the southwest.

Don't have a lawn, then you won't have to mow it, among other things.
Virtually every covenant or neighborhood agreement can be gotten
around, so don't even consider whining about that. If we didn't have
lawns, we wouldn't waste thousands of gallons of water to sprinkle on
them, we wouldn't waste oodles of gallons of gas cutting them, not to
mention what the exhaust and dust does to our atmosphere (lungs). How
many millions of dollars are spent on lawn mowers, fertilizers, etc.?
How many times have you heard at a funeral that so-and-so was a rotten
individual, but he/she kept a nice lawn, or the converse, that
so-and-so was terrific in so many ways, but they sure kept a crappy
lawn? Often people ask, what can we do as individuals? Not having
lawns is a pretty good start.