Old 17-08-2008, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| | I'd assumed blackberries but that's because I like Crème de Mûres added to
| | my summer white wine, rather than Cassis. ;-)
|
| Isn't that made from mulberries? We use it in preference, too.
|
| !! I thought it was blackberries! I'll have to see if we've still got some
| in the house.

We have. The picture shows what look more like blackberry fruit
in front of what look exactly like mulberry leaves. However,
label artists are rarely botanists, mulberries are less regular
than blackberries (and hence less label-worthy) and blackberry
leaves are very variable.

To my taste, it is closer to mulberry than blackberry, but that
might be because I am tasting what I expect.

Unless someone has visited the source, and asked, I doubt that
we shall know for certain.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.