Old 17-08-2008, 01:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default English walnuts

George.com wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
On Aug 16, 6:27 am, "George.com" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

I've had English walnut trees for years but seldom get nuts. Now I
have a few that I managed to rescue from the squirrels and have husked
them. Nuts look fully formed but nutmeat is soft and somewhat
bitter. Question I have, is will they become more edible on drying
out? One year I did get some nuts that were edible so I know there is
potential.
Thanks,
Frank

the walnuts I had earlier in the year got better with drying out.

rob

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to
--

A mate who has a tree stores them for a longish period and finds the
later ones taste the best.

rob

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to
--

That's just got to be it. I found a nut yesterday from a different tree
and it was the same as mine, somewhat soft and bitter. I know walnuts

Frank