Old 17-08-2008, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

On 17/8/08 13:43, in article ,
"David Rance" wrote:

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Sacha wrote:

snip
Bit like 'mūres' which, I think, can mean both blackberries or mulberries.
I imagine it's more often used to mean blackberries.

Only because blackberries are more plentiful than mulberries. ;-)

Sez he living in Calva country. ;-)

But the Normans don't know anything about blackberry and apple pie!

David

Pretty good at Clafoutis, though. And thinking of that, does anyone know
why we so rarely see those big 'white' cherries that are grown in France.
They're imported into UK but they don't seem to be grown here, or not that
I've ever seen.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com