Old 17-08-2008, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge Rusty Hinge is offline

Default Fuschia Seed pods?

The message
from Dave Poole contains these words:

I've got a huge F. magellanica out in the rear lane that flowers all
year round, but produces masses of berries mainly in late summer and
early autumn. When I think about it, I collect them fully ripe and
slowly dry them in a low oven to produce Fuchsia 'raisins', which are
then bagged and frozen. I use them as treats for my parrots, but
occasionally find myself nibbling a few as well. Definitely not in
the same class as a fine muscat raisin, but decidedly edible
nonetheless.

Hmmm. If either of us remembers, do you think you could spare a few
(uncooked!) pods, please? I'd like such a bush - well, several.

I (and the workforce) have just cut down and dug out about 30 yards of
Lonicera nidia hedge, and I'm replacing it with fruit-bearing stuff -
Fuchsia would improve the look of the front innit.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/garden.htm - and it is looking more
like one every day.

--
Rusty
Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters.