Old 17-08-2008, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

On 17/8/08 00:49, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

And English (to include USanian) is little better, if at all: think
'muffin'?

I've only every known groseille as gooseberry so David's post is very
enlightening. But most of my 'French leave' has been in Normandy and
Brittany which might explains that perhaps.

Well, we always called goosegogs 'belly-achers' as kids...

I don't like them much so rarely ate them as a child and never straight off
the bush, so I never suffered. But they're famous for stomach ache if eaten
unripe, aren't they? I only like the big dessert ones, the name of which I
never remember!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com