Old 17-08-2008, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

On 17/8/08 21:20, in article , "Rusty
Hinge" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
On 17/8/08 07:44, in article
,
"David Rance" wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:

They do distinguish between groseille rouge, groseille blanche and
groseille à maquereau (gooseberry).

Something fishy about that. Mackerel berry?

Maquereau is also a colloquial word for a pimp!

David

What an exciting life you lead - ordering in a restaurant must be very
hazardous! ;-)

Try ordering in an Italian one! (especially vegetables, say, fennel...)

No problem - I had an Italian mother outlaw and have an Italian sister in
law. I am the boring English person in the corner who winces when another
English person pronounces tagliatelle and zabaglione. It's figs you want
to watch out for....... ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com