Old 17-08-2008, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

On 17/8/08 21:55, in article , "Rusty
Hinge" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Cassis is certainly blackcurrants but you can ask for a Kir Mūres in France
and get the blackberry version. I don't like Kir Cassis though a Kir
Framboise will do if I'm absolutely pushed. ;-)

Strawberries steeped in whisky with added sugar make a fine liqueur, and
you'd never know the spirit was whisky.

I made a bottle with wild strawberries this year, and it was rather
disappointing.

The next batch will be with cultivated strawbs.

This is making me think of a Scottish dish involving whisky and oats - can't
remember if fruit comes into it but think honey does. Is it brose -
something like that?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com