Old 18-08-2008, 04:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
Simon[_7_] Simon[_7_] is offline

Default Asparagus Fern - plant

cut them back should not kill them. but, you can see if the yield is
smaller next year. I've heard of people who run over them with a lawn
mower and no problems. Also, heard that in the SW United States, they
burn the bushes in the dry season to force the spears to grow.

Simon

jimba1 wrote:
Hi there,

I have an asparagus fern - house plant. I know it's not really a fern
but it's the best way to describe it.
It's grown a lot over the last year and taking up a lot of space. I was
thinking of cutting it back but don't want to kill it.
Can you just prune these plants or is best not to do anything with it.
Thanks

--
jimba1