Old 08-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Pat Meadows

Default toxic soil?

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:04:47 -0700, bill
wrote:

In that case, your primary problem would be fungal rot. The wetter the
soil, the faster the rot. Of course, some types of wood rots faster
than others. Why not just use stone? Heavy, but permanent.
In case that's too physically challenging, starving college students
are pretty cheap. Maybe you could even trade labor for future produce.

Stone would be lovely, but is way too costly.

Even cement blocks would be lovely and we may go with cement
blocks. Costly but permanent. And I can plant
herbs/flowers in the holes. This would be my first choice,
actually.

Pat