Old 18-08-2008, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Variegated Bamboo

In article ,
says...
Have finally got round to trying to clear round our pond - severely
overgrown.

Two main problems are variegated bamboo and (I think) a dogwood - both of
which are spreading like wild fire.

Not practical to try and dig out the bamboo so I'm probably looking at a
chemical solution. Will glyphosate work?

I can probably deal with the dogwood with very severe pruning

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Jeanne

Yes glysophate will work on the bamboo so long as you don't cut it down
for 3 weeks after application, you will need to take care with this
sort of weedkiller near water.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk