Old 18-08-2008, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

On 18/8/08 08:39, in article ,
"David Rance" wrote:

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Sacha wrote:

On 17/8/08 21:47, in article
, "Rusty
Hinge" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Bit like 'mūres' which, I think, can mean both blackberries or mulberries.
I imagine it's more often used to mean blackberries.

Mūre sauvage, oł Mūre de ronce. Mūre (seul), = mulberry

No doubt it will be shortened if the context allows...

Mūre de rance being of the River Rance or some other context?

Mūre de ronce. Ronce = thorns! Whereas rance means evil-smelling! ;-)

Oh, I always rather enjoyed sailing up the Rance - almost going aground on
the way up to Chatelier was entertainment in itself. ;-) But I don't
remember any evil smells.

Fil de ronce = barbed wire.

David

Thanks for the info - I shall try to remember that!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com