Old 18-08-2008, 03:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Pond Liner

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 23:12:02 EDT, Sheila
wrote:

Well, we decided not to redo the 'pond' really just used as a fountain
until the vinyl cracks. I wanted to put in a drain, to make it easier
to clean, but will wait for now.

It is a good idea to plan well for a bottom drain when you do decide
to replace the liner. I buried my filter barrels and can't drain
them, but have to use a shop vac to clean them. OTOH my pond bottom
drain is gravity flow through the filters and pumped from the third
barrel. Most of us in this part of Georgia don't have our ponds on a
nice hill that would allow draining everything by gravity flow, but
that is a nice feature, if it is practical for you.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb