Old 18-08-2008, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes

In article ,
Gordon H writes:

| Thanks, they looked like what I have always regarded as damsons.
| It just seems a strange choice of tree to line a park!

Why? They have lots of white flowers in spring,

True.

and a very suitable
growth habit.

Yes. and I have fishing line over one branch from which I suspend one of
my bird feeders. :-)

Downside: They propagate themselves quite easily, hence I have to
watch for the seedlings every year and pull them up before they become
very difficult, especially as they drop through my Weigela (sp?).
--
Gordon H