Old 18-08-2008, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

The message
from K contains these words:
Rusty Hinge writes

Strawberries steeped in whisky with added sugar make a fine liqueur, and
you'd never know the spirit was whisky.

I made a bottle with wild strawberries this year, and it was rather
disappointing.

Strange, since wild have a much more intense flavour, but I had the same
experience

Well, mine are sharper, but with less 'classic strawberry' flavour when
eaten raw and unpickled.

Now, pale pink as they are now, I'm looking forward to decanting the
liquor, and - making a trifle.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig