Old 18-08-2008, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

The message
from "FarmI" ask@itshall be given contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
"FarmI"
ask@itshall be given wrote:

My husband said he'd seen a soup recipe in there for Tomato and
something
or
other soup, but that it had no tomatoes in it so he thought they'd made a
mistake and meant 3 tomatoes rather than 3 onions. When I read it, the
recipe used 2 cans of marinara mix.

Hmmm, I don't much like cooking but I *really* don't like cooking that
way.
I happily use canned tomatoes but not without a slight feeling that I'm
cheating.

I love cooking but I too feel that vague guilt about tomatoes in a can. :-))

I don't. I like tinned plum tomatoes with (say) sausages, bacon, beans
and fried bread. For cooking dishes which incorporate tomatoes, I prefer
to use fresh ones.

I'm always a little surprised at US recipes that call for cheese
and it turns out to be Kraft slices or that stuff in a tube. That said,
I've eaten some wonderful meals in USA in both posh and average
restaurants
and in friends' houses, so it can't be totally 'instant cuisine'
everywhere.

No, just the blasted mags I accidently pick up. I'd thought I was buying
the Brisith Country Living and somehow got the US one. :-(((

With adverts for tornado shelters, Hominy Grits, and with tasty raccoon
recipes?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig