Old 18-08-2008, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

On 18/8/08 20:49, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

This is making me think of a Scottish dish involving whisky and oats - can't
remember if fruit comes into it but think honey does. Is it brose -
something like that?

Ordinary brose is just oatmeal scalded with boiling water - a sort-of
instant porridge.

What you're thinking of is Atholl brose, which starts off the same way,
but has added cream, honey and whisky.

I approve...

If you can remember it, you mean? I'm going to try it out on the family at
the week end if I can get them all together to try it.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com