Old 18-08-2008, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

The message
In article , Rusty
Hinge 2 writes:
| The message
| from
(Nick Maclaren) contains these words:

| The version of the Larousse Francaise I saw in the Sorbonne was about
| the size of the Shorter Oxford. If OUP weren't such idiots, I and
| lots of other people would buy CD-ROMs of the OED. I haven't got the
| space for the paper version.
|
| Why? Is it a king's ransom?

Nah, but it's got an utterly ghastly interface that doesn't allow
the user to do anything like search it, and runs only under an
operating system that is equally bad.

Hmmm.

I wonder if Open Office could be persuaded to open it?

If so, it could be converted to .odt format, saved to disc, and reburnt
onto DVD.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig