Old 18-08-2008, 09:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Pond Liner

Derek Broughton wrote:
Pete C wrote:

Derek Broughton wrote:

Millimeters? Not "mils"? Liners in N. America are generally
measured in mils, and a 75 mil liner is thick. If it's really .75
mm, that's 30 mils, and I'd say too thin for an EPDM or vinyl liner,
but not HDPE and _perhaps_ not Butyl. Either way, butyl is a lot
heavier than any of the alternatives at the same thickness. If it
isn't heavier, it isn't butyl.

My 0.75 millimetre butyl liner......
http://www.bradshawsdirect.co.uk/Bra...oduct/GLBU.htm

QED ?

QED what? I'd already discovered that in the UK they were typically
being sold in .75mm, so I have no problem with that, but it's _still_
much heavier than any other pond liner for the same thickness.
Unfortunately I can't find any actual weights - only the warnings
that they need special shipping, which usually applies to EPDM, too.

looked for weights too, with no more success than you. As 45 mil EPDM is in
fact 1.14mm thick, wouldn't that be more likely to be the heavier?
--
Pete C
London UK