Old 19-08-2008, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:32:09 -0500, "Marie Dodge"
wrote:

Ironite v. a liquid. What problems have you people had with Ironite?
What
is the issue with this product? If it's dangerous, how is it legal to
sell
for use in gardens? Is there any other type of iron to add to the
soil/compost besides liquids? With large gardens, sprinkling "iron" water
over the plants several times during the season isn't practical.

I use Hi-Yield Copperas, which is a powder derived from ferrous
sulfate. It was recommended by more than one organic nursery, is
relatively cheap, and effective.

Where do you get it? I've not seen or heard about it here in central TN. Who
carries it?

Penelope

- "pointed"