Old 19-08-2008, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Damons? Plums?

On Aug 18, 10:17*pm, AriesVal
wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:25:04 +0100, Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
The only reason I use a breadmaker is that I haven't got my (gas) cooker
connected yet.

Good reason to do so *I don't like the shape of a breadmaker loaf tho and
my breadmaker doesn't make enough dough for two loaves. *I make two and
freeze one for later use.

If I wanted a fresh loaf every day I'd make barm, which, when mixed
really thoroughly into the dough, makes (exhibition-type) bread with
very fine bubbles, an no big holes.

The baker I learnt to make real bread from (though I've been making some
sort of bread since 1950) reckoned that the longer you kept strong flour
(and assuming you keep the moths, mealworms, mites out of it) the better
it became for breadmaking.

He said he never used flour for making exhibition/competition bread
until it was at least seven years old.

Surely you're pulling my leg! *

I'd have liked to have prised more info out of him, but unfortunately he
pickled himself to death.

well after reading that I don't know what to think, are you saying he was an
alcoholic ?

--
Watch your thoughts; *they become words.
Watch your words; *they become actions.http://valerie.aries.googlepages..com/ariesval

I didn't like the shape of the loaves in our first breadmaker but the
second one has a normal shaped loaf size.

Judith