Old 19-08-2008, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Something different

Rusty Hinge 2 writes
The message
In article ,
Rusty Hinge writes:

| I have also grown chufa, but forgot it one year and so no longer
| do. That produced a reasonably number of tiny tubers, that tasted
| exactly like fresh coconut with the skin on. If I were to make
| Horchata, that is what I would use.
|
| Ah, that may be what I have - small tubers not entirely unlike Chinese
| gooseberries to look at? Leaves a bit like arum lily, but thicker?

No. Small tubers rather like shrivelled hazelnuts, and leaves like
a reed - it is a Cyperus, after all!

Ah. Tiger nuts!

Is that the same tiger nuts that the Spanish make a splendid drink out
of - Horchacha das chufas?
--
Kay