Old 19-08-2008, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
paghat[_2_] paghat[_2_] is offline

Default NEEM anyone use this in garden

In article , "Jim C"
wrote:

I am considering trying neem for pest control in my garden, mainly for
(hopefully) any kind of bugs, , lava, etc that may be in the soil..just
wanted to touch base with anyone who uses it in the conecentrated form 2 tbs
per gallon..many thanks

beecrofter gave you some kindly good advice though it may have sounded
harsh. You shouldn't be killing things in the garden willynilly, as you're
also killing pollinators, ladybugs, and other beneficial insects by your
approach, probably even songbirds which eat insects of garden fruits
you've doused with poisons.

But to answer your question, neem has very little value as an insecticide;
under ideal circumstances for it to work at all it has only a slight
measurable effect. Meaning of all the bad things you've been doing to your
garden, a couple tablespoons of neem per gallon of drench was least
harmful because least effective.

On neem worship:
http://www.paghat.com/neemworship.html

-paghat the ratgirl