Old 19-08-2008, 07:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Update

Power is on. There have been numerous tornado warnings, but the only one
that I know of for certain is the one I already wrote about. This has been
quite a rain event, more so than anyone predicted. A local radio station was
giving a flooding update; there are many roads under water, cars stranded (I
*have* to ask: what were they thinking?), one car washed away, etc. Our area
is fine. If it ever floods here, the whole city will be under a lot of
water.

And of course, you had the doofus who decided to win the latest Darwin award
by going kite surfing early today, down south of us, with predictable
results. Very critical condition. I think the kite landed him on A1A. I hope
he is not allowed to reproduce.

Diana

wrote in message
yeah, i'm reading on some horse boards that the vet clinic bldg that
got picked up and set down a ways away (with baffled horse left
standing unharmed on the pad) may actually have been a temporary set
of stalls; the permanent bldg seems ok.

well, stay dry and keep us posted while the power holds out.

--j_a