Old 19-08-2008, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

The message
from K contains these words:
Rusty Hinge 2 writes

MTAAAW. Been using one since the 1950s, though in those days, under
supervision.

Reading review, there's a lot of variation in bread machines. Guess it
all depends on whether you were lucky enough to get one you like. We
started with a Prima, which is the one Judith remembers, and now have a
bigger Panasonic which is easier to clean than the Prima. Prima is now
being used daily by friends of ours.

I meant using a kenwood Chef. I baked bread (hand-kneaded) in the Aga.

And, of course, I'm not that an enthusiastic cook, so I don't have a big
Kenwood, just a little hand held beater for the (very) occasional sponge
cake (and for fluffing up mashed potatoes).

Ah, I have one of they, as well as a Bosch hand-held
liquidiser-on-a-stalk. There's a local house-clearance business, and my
next-door neighbours have a secondhand furniture and new pine furniture
shop, and they do occasional house clearances, so I get these things at
silly-cheap prices.

The Kenwood with only a bowl and the K-mixer cost £4.50; a spare bowl,
the whisk and dough-hook which didn't come with the original cost 50p;
the hand-held whisk and the Bosch thingy-on-a-stick were SFP¹º³ because
the whiskything (hic!) had been in stock for weeks, and the
Bosch-on-a-stick had been thrown out by a charity shop from which the
first-mentioned business collected rubbish. Thoughtfully, the cable had
been cut off, which meant I had to make a new one and connect it.

¹º³ Sheddi's Favourite Price¹³º

¹³ºFOC³ºº

³ººGuess?

--