Old 19-08-2008, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

Rusty Hinge 2 writes
The message
from K contains these words:

I'm not sure whether mine are wild or alpine (they were already here
when I bought the house) - suspect the latter. In a wet year like this
they can attain the size of marbles, they produce lots of runners (I let
them grow where they will and just heave out an armful when I want to
plant anything), started fruiting in May and are still producing a few
berries. I've even had enough to put a few boxes in the deepfreeze.

Not alpines, then, as they don't produce runners.

That's what I thought, but I've never met wilds this big

From the fruiting regimen it sounds as if you have wild strawbs.

--
Kay