Old 19-08-2008, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Damons? Plums?

On Aug 19, 5:23*pm, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Proper trifle please.

I don't do proper trifle, but it goes thusly:

Break-up some dry sponge in the bottom of a deeply cut lead-crystal bowl.

Molish a jelly double-strength, then add about half the jelly's volume
of cream sherry. (Don't skimp - British 'sherry' WILL NOT DO.

Pour jelly over the sponge and allow to set. (You can have a layer of
jam in the very bottom, if desired. Suggest strawberry is best.)

Molish an egg custard, and pour it ver the jelly before it (the custard)
sets, but not so that it is hot enough to destroy your best lead crystal
bowl.

Leave to set, and cool.

Cover with whipped double cream.

Note: REAL trifle doesn't contain fruit salad.

Also note:

My version does...

... and mosht of it pre-schteeped in schnappsh, or calvadosh, or shimilar..

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

I am having friends round on Sunday for a BBQ we will be 46 adults and
5 children, (A friend who is a restauranter is catering it, I am not
brave enough). I will add to his puddings by making some bowls of
Rosty's English Trifle, I will let you know how it goes down.

Judith