Old 20-08-2008, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"polecanoe" wrote in message
i'm sure that any reputable garden center can and will get greensand for
you. if you local home depot walmart and lowes don't have it, that is all
the more reason to demand it.

Demand it? I wish. They'll just tell me "Sorry, we don't carry it."

you don't say where you are from, in my state CT the local NOFA has an
annual sale you can also try peaceful valley if you are in CA
www.groworganic.com or Fedco seeds in ME www.fedcoseeds.com should have
it.

I'm in Central TN, not far from Nashville. There's only one Nursery in our
area and they more or less carry the same stuff the big chains carry plus
bone and blood meal. We can't afford these organic meals anymore as they're
$5 to $6 for small bags and we have several gardens. We are however, picking
up loads of organic mulch from a nearby city's shredding lot to work into
the soil this year. We can't generate enough of our own to compost on only
an acre of land.

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message

"polecanoe" wrote in message
i think it is illegal to sell this toxic waste in most states. get
greensand.

They don't sell greensand here that I know of, and I have 3 large veggie
gardens. What well known stores carry it?

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message
Ironite v. a liquid. What problems have you people had with Ironite?
What is the issue with this product? If it's dangerous, how is it
legal to sell for use in gardens? Is there any other type of iron to
add to the soil/compost besides liquids? With large gardens, sprinkling
"iron" water over the plants several times during the season isn't
practical.