Old 20-08-2008, 11:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

Marie Dodge said:

They don't sell liquid seaweed where I live. I don't care to start ordering
things online because the shipping is often as much as the items to be
shipped.

Yes, but some things are cheap at twice the price, and sometimes shipping
is nowhere near equal to the cost of the item shipped (even these days).

Consider Maxicrop seaweed *powder* where you avoid paying to ship
water:

http://www.arbico-organics.com/1313001.html

Get it shipped by priority mail. It's cheaper.

(I would have recommended The Eclectic Gardener, as a satisfied
customer, but they are sold out of Maxicrop powder. )

http://www.eclectic-gardener.com/maxicroppowder.html

I buy this mail order *even though* I have seen liquid kelp on sale
locally, because it is so much less expensive (in the long run) to buy
the dry powder even considering shipping, and because the dry powder
is so much more convenient to store.

After enlightenment, the laundry.