Old 20-08-2008, 11:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Where are the bees??

Jim C said:

Anyone aware of the bee situation this year..I see very few

Things are fine in my back yard. I was worried about the
bumblebees this spring (must have had high mortality due
to very dry fall and then very wet winter), but even these
have come back quite a bit.

I don't see so many of the near-black honeybees this year,
just the more orange sort, so some colony may have died
(or been moved away or been re-queened, if they were
from a managed hive).

In addition to those, there are a whole host of other solitary
bees busy working the yard.

After enlightenment, the laundry.