Old 20-08-2008, 07:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Garden tools an extension of the mind and body.

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

How many of us would even think to check the
grain of the handle of a garden tool?

Sounds a lot like wood baseball bats. All my tools are wood handled.
I put on old leather gloves and rub/caress them with tung oil.

I have an old trowel with a plastic handle. It is quite comfortable.

Išve an old painted trowel never oiled but the design is so human it
gets used often.

On the other hand, I really appreciate the "give" in the wood handles of
my lopping shears.

The only tool I have with metal handles is a lopping shear.

Diversity at its finest. Not all fits all comes to mind.

You folks have any favorite glove recommendations ?

These days it seems there are gloves for specific tasks. I just ruined
a pair of calfskin leather working on my septic trap.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA