Old 21-08-2008, 12:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
polecanoe polecanoe is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:42:05 -0500, "Marie Dodge"
wrote:

You spray sticky diluted molasses on the plants in summer? How can you
know
how much iron the plants are getting and how often do you do it? Also,
how
to you keep from drawing insects with something like molasses? Here we'd
have problems with things like raccoons and possums.

One tablespoon to a gallon of water as a foliar spray along with
liquid seaweed. I have opossums and raccoons in my yard and they
don't have problems.

Mine don't have problems either, I have a problem with them.... they eat
my veggies! = O How often are you spraying your garden with the
Molasses? They don't sell liquid seaweed where I live. I don't care to
start ordering things online because the shipping is often as much as the
items to be shipped.

OK. I will Google them but just want you to know I've used it here for at
least 15 years and have seen no problems. The gardens are still full of
toads and box turtles. Moles are still a serious pest at times.
Earthworms
and grubs thrive.....

Why did you ask a question if you already know the answer?

I asked what the issues were, the problems with Ironite since I haven't
had any problems using it.

Arsenic poisins the central nervous system, likewise copper and lead. I'm
not going to say it but...

One application of greensand will work for many years, unlike ironite or
seaweed which will quickly break down.