Old 20-08-2008, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

On 20/8/08 18:11, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:03:43 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 20/8/08 17:58, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:45:43 +0200, Martin wrote:

There's a lot of nice things in Lidl in Whitby that we can't buy here.
Things
like real German sausages and dry cured bacon. There is far more variety in
Lidl
in UK than here. OTOH we can buy good German beer for 80p/litre.

Lidl in Barnstaple has dry cured bacon, and real German sausages too, not
sure about the beer cos we don't drink it

Apparently they've got some good wine deals at present, too.

I don;t know what the UK threshold is but in Lidl NL any wine under about GBP4
is poor. Allowing for tax GBP 6 in UK?

I was told around £4 but I haven't tasted the stuff yet. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com