Old 20-08-2008, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] kdupar@ecosse.net is offline

Default Lack of Butterflies?

We've seen very few butterflies here on the Black Isle. The flowering
of our buddleia seems to come earlier (and the butterflies later) each
year, as the two get further out of synch. We had one sunny afternoon
this week when I saw several Red Admirals on our fading white
buddleia, and a single Peacock yesterday. The cabbage whites have been
around most of the summer. It's very disheartening when we've tried to
encourage bees and butterflies, especially with our herb garden and
wild garden.

Kristina
www.spanglefish.com/oldorchard