Old 21-08-2008, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Trees and Texas

"symplastless" wrote in message
Trees are different in Texas than other parts. That is why wound dressing
is mandatory to use, tree wrap and wire in a hose are also treatments that
people like Don Staples claim is helpful. Why not just make a news group
for Texas. That way they can address their trees. Its hard when posting
about trees here because of the difference in the trees in Texas. Also
per Don Staples website in Texas, cutting the wood out of the once fertile
forest helps forest health, or so they claim? I guess that is another
Texas thing. He recommends removing all material and it is called
restoration. I do not believe it but then what do I know? Trees are
different is Texas.
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm This treatment
does not work in other parts yet people in Texas claims that forest health
increases with these treatments. I do not understand it. Texas should
have their own newsgroup.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

I shake my head sideways, but not for the same exact reasons as Jang. She
mentions zones. In those zones are different trees. Those trees require
different, if not indifferent, treatment to wounds. Depends on the tree and
the general area (zone). Same zone, 8A, I'm not going to treat primary
branch cut wound the same way to a pecan, chinaberry, live oak, or ashe
juniper. In NE Texas, there's different trees as well. Different strokes.

If they (TX trees and zones) don't fall into your weblink guidelines, maybe
you should develop some on your own. Instead, you want to isolate TX tree
problems for your own musings in this newsgroup. A true "professional" at
work.

Being in the U.S Navy for 20 years and working with people from all 50
states and the Phillipines, I 've found the Texas natives much higher in the
unmeasurable thing called common sense overall. I can't attest for people
with college degrees, and similar. Lot of 'em in highly populated areas
don't seem to be able to reason, just research and follow the norm. Odd, it
seems when times are hard, the more people rely on "common sense". No
matter their education level. Food for thought, John.
--
Dave
Lowly TX native